All of the software and documentation in this package is
Copyright © 1996-1998 Mark G. Daniel,
licenced under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence
as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the
License, or any later version.
Here is a brief overview the WASD HTTPd package.
- The server can be used on VMS V6.n and 7.1 (probably 7.2), Alpha
and VAX, using these TCP/IP environments,
and supports these features. The package
provides a number of VMS-useful scripts including
- "Bookreader" (both DECW$BOOK and BNU)
- Help and Text library access
- System Performance Information utility
- Refer to the Technical Overview of the
package for detailed information (remembering that when accessing the
documentation via file:// the on-line server demonstrations will not
A PostScript version of this document is available for
viewing with VMS CDA Viewer or GhostScript (if
installed on your system), or for printing. Make sure the freeware CD is
mounted /SYSTEM then
$ PRINT /QUEUE=postscript-queue cd:[HTTPD_WASD.DOC]HTD.PS
This is a large document, so if you have a printer providing two
pages per sheet and/or double-sided it is recommended to submit the job with
the appropriate parameters!
- The Technical Overview includes detail at various levels on
how to install the package. It does not
require compiling, just a relink. Installation is basically a three step
- Restore the archive.
$ SET DEFAULT device:
$ UNZIP "-V" cd:[HTTPD_WASD]HTROOT52.ZIP
- Install the package.
$ SET DEFAULT device:[HT_ROOT]
- Customize the package to suit your site's exact requirements.
- If you are currently reading this on a system connected to the Internet
then check out the demonstration
site, where the package's features are available for on-line evaluation.
Hope you find it useful!